Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the PBSA sector across Europe was showing a long term growth story and attracting increasing interest from major investors.
- Blackstone has acquired the IQ Platform in the UK for £4.66bn, which closed during lockdown
- Spain and Ireland both saw major transactions in Q1
- Since 2017, yields in the UK, Germany, Spain and Ireland have been tightening
- Between 2016 and 2019, an average of €2bn a year has been invested in PBSA in continental Europe
- Underbedded markets such as Portugal, Italy and Poland are beginning to see deals