CBRE’s outlook for Australian property markets in 2019:
- Headwinds have emerged in the economy that will have detrimental impacts on property markets, with expectations of residential and retail bearing the brunt of it.
- As the office supply pipeline turns back on, Sydney and Melbourne tenants sigh with relief after a long period of tight vacancy.
- Increased industrial land prices in Sydney and Melbourne will encourage the development of multistorey warehouses in inner-city locations.
- The hotel sector will benefit from a weaker AUD attracting overseas tourists and keeping more Australians holidaying locally.
- Capital markets will remain active but transaction volumes will likely continue the trend of the past two years and fall slightly.